Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Bed Rest

Ok, things have altered a bit in my life since my last post. I am in week two of a 6-week maternity bed rest. I'm very pleased to be done with the first week because the first week was filled with discomfort, fear, and denial about the idea of spending six weeks of my life in bed. I feel much better this week. I have adjusted to the meds that makes me sleepy, jittery, and makes my heart beat like a race horse. I'm also very pleased that this active little one hasn't tried to make a very early appearance. My life goals have been simplified quite a bit these days: ENSURE THAT THIS BABY BOY STAYS PUT IPublish PostN MY WOMB FOR AT LEAST 10 MORE WEEKS!

So, what have I learned over the past week in the half?

(1) God is so good! A couple of months ago when I found out that I was pregnant, I decided that it was time to change our mattress to relieve some back pain that I was having. As my earlier posts discusses, I opted for the oh-so-comfortable tempurpedic mattress with the adjustable base. Yes, for us, this purchase was a splurge, but I felt my health was worth it. Little did I know that I would have to be chained to my bed for 6 weeks some months later. This bed has been so comfortable to spend my hours upon hours in. I adjust the bed up during the day, and adjust it down at night. I haven't had any real back pain due to the constant sitting and lying down. It has been wonderful.

(2) Our family is awesome! While on bed rest, Jonathan's grandparents have been such a big help. While I'm on bed rest, Jonathan has been to Camp Nana & Paw Paw. He's now at Camp Momma Lin & Poppa John. Running after a 3 year old when your child-rearing days have come and gone, is no easy task. Both sets of grandparents always take such wonderful care of our son, and they always share new experiences with him. For instance, Paw Paw, Nana and Aunt Lou took Jonathan on his first crabbing outing where he caught one crab and one fish…not bad for a first-timer. I can honestly say, without doubt, that he would not have had that experience with his Mom and Dad.

(3) I LOVE my laptop! Six weeks in bed without my laptop would be ridiculous feat. If I started this 6 weeks without a laptop, I would have bought one by now. Bed rest can be isolating, but it is hard to feel isolated with access to the internet, facebook, and email.



No comments:

Post a Comment