I thought that was very interesting. Here's an article to support this conclusion. http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/122252.php
Monday, January 26, 2009
African Americans & Their White Blood Cells
So, I recently had a complete blood count done, and the pathology report came back with some seemingly alarming information. My white blood cell count was quite low. "Normal" white blood cell levels is 5.0 - 10.o and I was well below that 5.0. So, I did a little research of my own, and called my OB/GYN, the dr. who had done my previous blood tests. Apparently, this was not the first "low" WBC that I had. So, armed with that information I went back to my PCP and she said with that information she would conclude that I have a "low normal" that my body doesn't comply with the "normal levels" of the general population. And, she said that African-Americans traditionally have below normal WBC. While this information offered me some comfort, I will definitely be requesting a more regular blood tests to observe my levels.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment