Wednesday, January 28, 2009

What do MRIs and Top 40 Music Have in Common?

Ok, I had the pleasure of having my second MRI in ten years. My first MRI ten years ago was no picnic. I didn't have a good idea of what expect, so when they slid me into this magnetic monster of a machine that made the most horrific buzzing sound, I thought, "I'll never do this again." It was an unsettling experience to have to sit still for that long without moving a muscle and nothing else to focus on besides the white tunnel surrounding you. If you didn't have health problems before having the MRI, you were certain that you would have high blood pressure, at least, when you were done. So, ten years later I met the magnetic monster, again. This time I was mentally prepared. I decided I would keep my eyes closed throughout the test. I told myself that I would focus on happy thoughts and try to tune out that horrible noise that the machine makes. However, I didn't have to try so hard. Apparently, an angel has visited the MRI labs and given them headsets that pipes in Easy Listening music. What a brilliant idea! I listened to Paula Adbul, Billie Joel, Leona Lewis and the like! It was wonderful and made the experience bearable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment