Friday, May 1, 2009

Best Chicken Soup in Town (H-Town, that is)

This may sound silly for a post, but sometimes you just have to share. I had the best chicken soup this evening at Yia Yia Greek Kitchen. I went into the restaurant not feeling so great with a sore throat. Once I was done with my bowl of soup, I felt much better. My dad has always touted the power of chicken soup, and this soup really had "healing" effects.  The soup is called "Chicken Orzo Soup". It had CHUNKS of fresh carrots, spinach, celery, onion, and large chicken pieces that looked to be pulled from a chicken thigh. Yummy. Anyway, the real star of this chicken soup was its broth. Oh my goodness! It was fantastic. It had a slight hint of vinegar in it…really well done. Anyway, if you're ever not feeling great and looking for a hot bowl of chicken soup heaven, I would suggest Yia Yia!!! Enjoy. By the way, my sore throat has dissipated!!! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment