Thursday, June 18, 2009

Mattress Heaven

Ok, I'm a simple girl who is usually pretty tight with my money, but when you have recurring back pain, money becomes no object. In an earlier post I discussed having back pain for which I had an MRI which cost me quite a bit of money. The MRI, thankfully, came back without concerns, but that didn't solved the middle of the back pain that I was experiencing everyday. So…five months later, I had to take action. 

I decided that it was time to replace the mattress that we slept on. The mattress we had was over ten year old and a much needed gift from my in-laws when we got married. It was once their guest bedroom mattress. It was a fine mattress for us for a long time. We were very thankful. I'm not certain how long mattress are supposed to last, but this mattress had to go. 

So, we went mattress shopping. Oh fun… We ended up at a Mattress Giant (in the Fountains Shopping Center on 59S). The sales associate there is a young black man who is extremely knowledgeable about all things concerning mattresses. I highly recommend this store and this sales associate. When we walked in the store I was immediately drawn to the tempurpedic mattress, and I fell in love. Yes, I am now a believer of all the hype. And better than that, my back pain is GONE. Thank you lord!! It curves to my shape and keeps that shape all night. Brilliant! It is super comfortable. I sleep much better.

So, the nice gentleman sales associate didn't have to sell me on the tempurpedic mattress, but he did give a nice soft, informative sell on the adjustable mattress. And, he sold us!  So, yes, my mattress goes up, down (head and feet area) and massages! And guess what, I don't have nasal congestion at night any more. Thank goodness! We sleep each night with the head of the bed inclined a bit, and as a result…Anthony doesn't snore anymore!!! Woohoo!! Worth every penny! Thank you Mattress Giant.


No comments:

Post a Comment