Friday, February 20, 2009

Bottom Line Check

With the economy being what it is right now, saving every penny is paramount. The experts are always telling us to shop around for the best rates…interest rates, energy rates, etc. So, I just wanted to share some personal experience in that regard. 

Energy Bills: To do some quick comparison shopping on energy rates, visit www.powertochoose.com. This site is a fantastic resource for finding the best kw/h rate in your area. I have consistently beat the rates of some of the local/bigger energy companies, such as Reliant. We currently use Spark Energy.

Auto Insurance: We had been using Allstate for auto insurance, until last month. We found out that Geico, despite having lizard represent them, has much better rates than Allstate. So, we have willingly and happily turned over our auto insurance to a lizard. 

I'm sure we all could use a financial break right about now. So, if you have any good money saving ideas that can affect my monthly bottom line, I'm all ears. Comment here and share! 

2 comments:

  1. Trissa,
    I have cut my grocery bill by buying a lot ground turkey instead of beef. I use he ground turkey many tasty dishes such as spaghetti (ground turkey,1/2 onion, 1 med chopped zuchinni in small pieces) HEB Spinach & cheese spaghetti sauce. Very good. Also, ground turkey, onion,peas and carrots, Jamaican spicy curry w/rice or noodles. all at HEB. Mostly I don't eat beef so this works for me. Good eating to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Aunt Faye. Ground turkey is such a good substitute. We don't buy much beef either. I find it so much difficult to digest. I buy ground turkey for health reasons, but I guess I do save money that way, too…never thought of it that way! I find that it is usually more expensive to eat healthy, but in this case, you save some money.

    ReplyDelete